Friday, May 4, 2007

Sanity Lost

Now that exams are preparing to leave me from thier suffocating grip, it makes sense for me to create a list of all the things, people, places that helped me get through them :

1. MUSIC
It's been there through a lot of good times in my life and more pertinently through a lot of dark times.

2. MOVIES
Crank, Snatch, The Pursuit Of Happyness, Van Wilder, Metal : A Headbanger's Journey, American History X and many more. Delightful movies, all of them and my escape routes so as to leave my stuffy environment ever so subtly.

3. MY BOOKS
The Afghan, The Reluctant Fundamentalist, Five Point Someone, Harry Potter, Agatha Christie, William and so many more have whisked me away to a place that can only be found in one's imagination.

4. MY PLAYSTATION 2
The joys of virtual reality are to many to be enumerated. Suffice to say that this is my dream machine and kept me up in the nights whenever the going got drowsy. If you don't wake up wide and your adrenalin doesn't start flowing when you just felled a 50 foot monster, then please check yourself into the nearest hospital.

5 FOOTBALL
This is the number 1 reason why I still am. Everyone knows when they are most comfortable and at peace, for me, its with a football at my feet...because thats when life feels exactly right.

6. SHEESHA
My respite. The only time when I can stop and smell the flowers and take stock of the rollercoaster that is my life.

7. ME, MYSELF
No explaination required I hope.

So far so good with the exams then, thier vice like grip over me is going to be stopped for a semester so as to allow me to indulge in my other vices.

4 comments:

Sneha P said...

Dude...
Footy's ur life i knew...but more than music..that i din kno..
Neway
How the hell does sheesha help u analyze the absolute mess thats ur life????? Pray tell...may be take me along for one of these analysis sessions!!

Unknown said...

dude, footy's no. 5 man...?! wtf!? put it rite up there...give it the due respect it needs! ;)

Fiddler said...

Relax dude, I could sense your disgust wit the system in your first post. One more year to go, that's it!

Cheers!

Alok said...

thanx mate, the system sux, no 2 ways bout tht.

cheers