Friday, June 29, 2007

'TAG !!! Your It !!' And Other Assorted Posts.

Well it seems like I got tagged, so am supposed to write/blab/reveal 8 secrets. Unfortunately, these have to be pertaining to me (yeah, I know, takes all the fun out of it doesn't it ?). Anyways, before I begin, just a explanatory note about the title. I've decided to amalgamate a few posts, which I've been meaning to write, but were put on the backseat due to the dubious responsibility that being tagged has thrust upon me. Since the only thing I like on my backseat is a hot chick, hence I write all in this one post. Now, the secrets....

  • Well, I am a big solitude fan. Though I have never shirked the company of people, my daily Nirvana is generally achieved by spending a few moments with myself. I guess this is manifested in the late night walks, the constant blaring of the mp3 player (heavy metal's awesome, cause it has a beat, and it's loud enough to make you forget everything) etc. I guess that is one thing that pisses me off about Mumbai, is how there are so many people here. I mean, why in the good lord's name do we have to open ourselves to every Tom, Dick and Harry ( 1000 squatters enter Mumbai.Daily). Just for once I'd like to spend a day in Mumbai not fighting for my inch of space, in a city that has none to spare.
  • Whenever I meet someone new, I generally find faults with them. It's just this thing I do, I meet someone, we talk, and the next 15-20 minutes are devoted to my brain just coming up with as many first impression faults as it can. While most people tend to do the opposite, this is me. Sure, I'll become friends, and maybe even more (if it's a member of the opposite sex) with the person, but for starters I just find faults. It generally doesn't affect the future relationship much, but heaven forbid if I meet someone new, without trying to discover faults.
  • I am naturally inclined to left-ees. Being one myself, if I meet someone who's naturally left handed, then I am generally agreeable towards that person, and would even risk overlooking some of the more obvious character flaws. All said and done, I like left-ees.
  • I am an eternal romantic at heart. While most people who THINK they know me, will now fall off their chairs laughing, and confidently state, that my idea of romance is a king sized water bed and a contraceptive, I know that I like to hold my sweetheart's hand, go for a walk, come up from behind and kiss the nape of her neck et all. Sure, I don't aggressively promote the fact that I am a romantic (when you pass out from a boy's school, you tend not to do such things), but then, that's why it qualifies to be on this list.
  • I am like this total movie freak. I download a movie every two days. It doesn't matter how it is, whether it's an unrealistic fantasy, or a love story with a bitter end, or an action thriller, or a total feel good teen romance movie, but I just need a movie. Movie's are a more integral part of me then most people realize. I don't only see them, I get totally engrossed in them. I generally try to incorporate what I've learnt from them in my daily life, I keep seeing them over and over again, or only once, but movies are generally my life.
  • When I grew old enough to realize what direction I want my life to take (Ironically enough, I still don't know the direction. I know the destination, but the path eludes me), I made one promise to myself, on which I live my life, and that was to live life without ever regretting my actions. No, it's not that cliched way of living, in which I live like a loose canon, without looking back, without feeling sorry for what I've done. The crux of my promise was, that come what may, I am gonna live my life in such a way, without any preset notion of right and wrong, that all my actions which I take, I will never ever look back and be sorry for what I did. So all that I do, all my questionable vices that certain powers that be would like me to give up, I won't, cause I know that it's my choice, and I don't regret that. Hence, I am what I am, because I made a promise, that whatever I do, I'll think it over completely so that it's something that I won't regret later. However, despite my best attempts, I've made two stupid mistakes, that I really feel sorry for now. The newest one I will not divulge, it's been mentioned sporadically in the last few posts and I will fix it, come what may. The second thing that I am sorry for is something that happened in the first year, when I was caught, and which I deeply regret now. Apart from this, my life is guilt-free, and I am generally a happy person because of that.
  • I am a total night owl. I love the nights and can stay awake for as long as it takes. I don't need much sleep, a 15 minutes nap is enough for me to survive the day. Whether this is due to staying awake at nights, or I am capable of staying awake due to this, I can't say. What I do know is that, I generally stay awake at nights, go to sleep from 4 to 8, but am capable of falling asleep at 11 P.M. and sleeping soundly till 10 the next morning. I love sleeping for 10 hours, but am equally efficient when I sleep for 10 minutes also. I am thankful for this gift of total control over my sleep, it enables me to catch up on a lot of stuff.
  • I am a coffee fanatic, a dog lover and a connoisseur of rock music. Just to clarify, I hate tea, I'll pick a dog over a cat any day (though am not averse to the company of felines) and am mostly musically intolerant to anything except good old rock.
So there you have it, my 8 secrets, those are definitely not all of them. I think these are the most fun one's, to satisfy the voyeur in all of us. So now, I have to pick out 8 equally daft people to continue this exponential game of TAG. Right, so the usual suspects are :
  1. Raj
  2. Sukanya Doshi
  3. Raghav
  4. Pratap
  5. Dimple
  6. Ankur
  7. D
  8. Sneha (Right back at ya dudette. Sorry, didn't have anyone else to complete the list)
Some of the people in the above list are there to fill up the list, some are there cause I don't know them so well (Dimple, Pratap, please don't stop visiting my blog after this), some are there cause I know them too well (Ankur, get writing mate) and some are there cause I really dig their writing and wanna see what they can come up with (Raghav, Sukanya and Pratap).
____________________________________________________________________

Life, As We Know It.

So I got up from a quickee (nap you pervert, a quickee nap) yesterday afternoon, and this idea for this image came into my head. I don't really know what inspired me, maybe a dream I was having or something (blank), but the idea was there. So I drew this silhouette, it represents my idea of what life is like. See, the woman on top is Fate, who sits on top of the donkey, that's us, and all our dreams and aspirations are represented by the carrot dangling from the stick. So all our life, we spend chasing the carrot, which hangs some distance away, the distance controlled by the stick fate is holding. It's just that some have to realize that the faster we go, the carrot is not going to come any closer, that the faster we move, the faster the carrot also moves, and at all times the distance is the same. While if we move slower, we can stop, relax, enjoy and then continue our pursuit of the carrot. If we get the carrot or not is immaterial, that depends on the lady, but what matters is how we chase it. That's all we can control really, how we can chase. And I like to believe that there is a god, who in the end rewards us all with our carrots, provided we have chased it hard and true.

Do I sound like a self help book? Yup. Have I blabbed along for far too long. Definitely yup. So I guess I'll stop here today, thanks a ton for reading.
____________________________________________________________________

Death Of A Blog

This is a petition, a formal request to one Raj and a certain Miss D, intellectual copyright holders of the blogs "Twisted Intelligence" and "Glimpses" respectively. It has come to my notice that the above mentioned blogs have been suddenly and inexplicably removed from the blogosphere. It is my sincerest request that the blogs be revived at the earliest possible, not only because the owners are amazingly gifted writers, but also because they made the blogoshere a better place to write in. All supporting parties can leave similar words of encouragement in the comments section of this post. Thanking you.

10 comments:

pratap kaul said...

urgh...i see im the blessed one (among many others)...so ive got to reveal 8 secrets about myself aye...will start working on it...and i wont stop visiting ur blog mate....u write good stuff...

sukanya said...

AAARGH. why why why??!!!

hehe. but nice of you to share yours :D

Sneha P said...

hey...
as i suspected..umm..interesting read...
its ok...u do 1 tag in ur life and thats quite enough to last u a lifetime i'm taking up no more tags...EVER!!!!

Tucson Hydrocontrols said...

umm dude.. i tagged u for this.. i dont think you can tag me back.. but all in all a nice post!!.. mine are comming along as well.. blog will be back up in a few days to a week!

Alok said...

@ pratap:
yup, ignoring every urge of privacy u got, u gotta give up 8 secrets bout urself, tho u neednt stop at 8 only, pour forth as many as u can

@ Sukanya:
Lol...i kno tht ws my same reaction, but no ditchin,strt thinkin and strt posting

@ virtuvian:
no re...i dont mind tags r ok as long as they r decent.

@writersbloc:
thts right dude, u bttr return to the blogosphere, cant wait to read wat u been busy writin.cheers!!

pratap kaul said...

the way i see it ..the picture of fate that u've put up looks more like a pharaoh holding out a dead rat(carrot...lol)...hehe...and ive put up my 8 secrets too :D..

raghav said...

8?
seriously? 8?

Unknown said...

the romantic one was surely unexpected.. still cant digest it ..lol!!

Mesmerelle said...

Curious to know my faults :) I have to say we could just be siamese twins....or maybe there are a million like us hiding somewhere...but wtf....6 out of 8 'secrets' is quite a good match wot say?

... said...

i really like your self created carrot stick model. the whole idea and the meaning behind it has such great depth. i mean the carrot is more like our 'wants' that keep on increasing with every little thing that we accomplish in life. that is why the distance between man and the carrot remains the same. very philosophical indeed!